To get started, visit the Everyday Hero website and complete the online form.
Enter in your details and in the ‘Charity box’ type in Autism Awareness Australia. You’ll see our logo and description come up and all you need to do is click on us!
You can decide if you’d like to sign up for one of the existing fundraising campaigns we take part in – such as the City2Surf or Run Melbourne, or if you prefer you can do your own thing and set up a personal campaign.
The Everyday Hero website will then guide you through the next steps of finalising your set up, and then you’re good to go!
A few tips to help you with your fundraising campaign
- Add a personal profile picture. Either of yourself or the person who has inspired your efforts
- Remember to update the ‘My Story’ section on your fundraising page and let people know why you’re supporting us. Make it personal and keep it current.
- Share the link with all your friends, family and work colleagues. Don’t forget to tell them anything over $2 is a tax deduction!!
- Use social media to spread the word – Using Facebook updates, tweets, Instagram posts to keep your supporters up to date with how you’re going
- Thank everyone who makes a donation to your campaign. A personal note or a shout out via social media goes a long way to making your donors feel their support is appreciated.