Have you got expert tips, advice, resources, lived experience, research or credible information to share with our community? We are looking for contributors for our aUpdate blog and we want to hear from you!
At Autism Awareness Australia our goal is simple: to improve the lives of all Australians on the autism spectrum and the families who love them. We empower parents and carers with quality information and resources. We provide targeted educational programs to families, professionals and the broader community. We support inclusion for people on the autism spectrum… and we have some fun along the way too.
Do you want to help spark positive change by increasing education and understanding of autism in Australia? We would love to hear from you! So would our community!
What we are looking for?
We want to empower our community with credible news and quality information. We’re seeking contributions from industry and professional experts, researchers, clinicians, local and global organisations, bloggers, writers and journalists, autistic voices, parents and carers. Check out our aUpdate blog to get an idea of the kind of articles/content we share.
Why should you contribute?
Contributions will be published in our monthly aUpdate newsletter and shared across our social channels, reaching hundreds of thousands of followers. Articles will be credited to you with link backs to your website or social channels. It’s an opportunity for you to make a positive contribution to the autism community while helping increase your profile and reach.
- This is not a ‘sales’ opportunity. We won’t accept submissions that promote products or services.
- We only promote evidence based information. No pseudoscience please!
- We’re not looking for opinion pieces. Articles should offer practical advice or information, and must be respectful.
- Articles should be between 800 – 1400 words and written in an easy to read, conversational tone.
- Content must be original and written exclusively for us. We’ll provide successful submissions with a personal release form to sign.
- We will review all submissions and contact you directly if we feel your article is suitable for our audience, and discuss the details of when it will be published.
- We are a small team (and currently very under resourced!), so we will only be in touch if you have been successful.
- Rest assured your article is safe with us! We will delete any submissions that we aren’t going ahead with.
Make a submission
Submissions should be sent directly to [email protected] in MS Word format by 30 June 2020. Please include your website, social media handles and your contact info at the end of your article.
Still have questions?
Talk to our team today to see how we can work together.
You can contact us at [email protected]
We look forward to reading your submissions!