Chill Online - Term 3 enrolments now open!
What is Chill Online?
Chill is a strengths based social skills coaching program for young adults 18 plus on the autism spectrum. Supported by peer mentors, these online interactive workshops use video illustration, peer demonstrations, role-play and social situation rehearsals. The program uses popular mediums of drama, music, film and social media to engage participants in a fun and creative experience. This is far from your average social skills program!
In addition to learning new skills, Chill Online gives participants the opportunity to connect with their peers, grow friendships, be supported and respected, have fun and build their confidence.
This one-year pilot program is subsidised by the NDIS through an ILC grant, which means we have the rare opportunity to offer participants a significantly reduced fee to take part. The fee is also NDIS claimable.
It also means places are limited! If you are interested in joining Chill Online, please complete the enrolment form below.
Term 3 enrolments now open!
Term 3 commences on the 18th of April 2022 and the following programs are available:
Chill Foundation – mandatory for all Chillies (participants)
An introduction to the Chill program and the foundation for building social skills and connections with peers. The program focuses on conversation skills, both in person and over the phone/video, handling rejection, dating, empathy, compliments and social media, texting and messaging skills.
Chill on the Grill
A home-based interactive and peer mentor assisted cooking program. Using Zoom, each session focuses on simple but healthy gourmet recipes that motivate participants to cook and develop independence in the kitchen. Each week the class culminates in a shared meal where conversation about the cooking experience brings participants together.
Chill Money is a hands-on interactive program that teaches the essential life skill of managing money. From understanding the concepts of needs versus wants, money and value, saving, spending, budgeting and banking.
The natural follow on from the Foundation program, where participants take their newly acquired skills to a real-world level. A pre-requisite to Chill Plus is the completion of the Chill Foundation program.
THE CHILL ONLINE PROGRAM HAS ENDED
Important things to know about Chill Online…
- The program is open to young autistic adults aged 18yrs plus across Australia
- The program will be held 100% online, so access to the internet and a laptop/computer/tablet are essential
- Term 3 commences on the 18th of April 2022 and runs for 10 weeks
- During Term 3 there are 4 programs on offer – Chill Foundation (mandatory), Chill on the Grill, Chill Money and Chill Plus (only available to participants who have completed Chill Foundation)
- This is a one-year pilot program, which is subsidised by the NDIS through an ILC grant
- There is a reduced fee of $500per program per term, which is NDIS claimable
- The program fee is covered under following NDIS support categories
CORE - (1) Assistance with Daily Life (includes SIL) and (4) Assistance withSocial & Community Participation
CAPACITY BUILDING - (9) Increased social and Community Participation, (11)Improved Relationships and (15) Improve Daily Living
- Once you’ve submitted your enrolment form we will be contacted to discuss your enrolment
“Chill has helped me to become more independent.
I like Chill on the Grill because I’ve learnt to cook by myself and get to socialise at the same time”
Louise, Chill participant (aka Chillie)